Pre-List Home Inspections
Seller’s Pre-List Home & Property Inspections
Pre-List Home and Property Inspections are certainly becoming more popular with savvy realtors and sellers looking for a competitive edge in today’s market. In many cases, sellers have no idea of pre-existing conditions in their homes until the potential buyer has a home inspection done. Defects uncovered at this time can raise suspicion in buyer’s minds and often result in demands for unrealistic price reductions to cover repairs, or they simply walk away. You may as well know what they are going to find by getting there first. Having a Pre-List Inspection performed ahead of time helps in many other ways, such as:
- It allows you to see your home through the eyes of a critical and neutral third party.
- Signals openness and good faith towards the buyer.
- It alerts you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home.
- It permits you to make repairs ahead of time.
- Defects won’t become negotiating stumbling blocks later.
- Armed with solid knowledge of current property condition and the inspection report to back it up, a seller’s confidence level and leverage in the negotiating process is increased.
- You have the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs yourself, if qualified.
- It helps you to price your home realistically.
- It may relieve prospects’ concerns and suspicions.
- It may encourage the buyer to waive his inspection contingency.
- It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
Copies of the inspection report, along with receipts for any repairs, should be made available to potential buyers.
A thorough pre listing home inspection from Corner 2 Corner Inspections is a powerful tool for setting buyer’s minds at ease. Advantages are numerous and importance grows as the stock of houses on the market, and especially in your neighborhood grows.